At TravelersPress we’re always open to new contributors. If you are interested in writing for us, please get in touch. You can email article submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us if you have questions about particular topics that you might want to cover. Guest authors are always credited. Please include your author bio when submitting a post.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Please don’t email us to ask if we accept guest post submissions. The answer is “yes”. If that ever changes we will update this page. You can either send your article to email@example.com or email us with a few suggested article topics and we’ll be happy to give you some feedback about what might be a good fit for our site.
- If you’re looking for a topic, there are a few types of articles that tend to be a good fit:
- Articles that cover things to do or see in a particular city or region. Example, 10 Things to Do in Barcelona, Spain.
- Articles that provide tips on a particular aspect of travel. Example, 15 Tips for Booking the Perfect Cruise.
- Articles that focus on how technology can be used to help travelers. Example, 7 Awesome iPhone Travel Apps.
- Articles focused on a specific topic of interest. Example, Best Places to See Mayan Ruins.
- We don’t publish guest posts that are little more than advertisements for a product, company, or website. We love articles that provide new and relevant content to our readers. If the article feels like a sponsored post it will not be published.
- We only publish content that is exclusive to our site. If you have published an article on another website we will not publish it here. By submitting an article to us you must agree that if we decide to publish it you will not submit it to any other websites/blogs.
- Our audience is primarily based in the United States, although we have readers all around the world. You are welcome to write about destinations and events from all over the world, but please keep in mind that our audience is mostly-based in the U.S and approach the writing accordingly.
- Each guest post will include an author bio at the end of the article. You may include up to two links in the author bio to your own websites or social profiles. When linking to your site the anchor text must be the name of the site/company or the URL (example, www.travelerspress.com). The reason for this is to avoid keyword-stuffed links that look like paid links and can result in penalties from Google.
- Photos and images can be included in your post, but you must include a link to show where you found the image. This is to avoid possible copyright infringement. We need to verify the license of the photo to see if it allows for our usage. Many bloggers do a Google image search when they are looking for photos to use. In most cases this is copyright infringement because the majority of photos are not licensed for use. We want to respect the rights of photographers, so we make every effort to avoid infringing on their rights. If you want to use photos that you have taken during your own travels, that is fine, just let us know that they are your own. If your post submission does not include any photos we will probably try to find some that can be used.